Ontario introduces additional capacity restrictions in response to COVID-19 variant
- Published On
- December 21, 2021
The provincial government has announced additional public health measures, including capacity and social gathering limits to help curb transmission of the Omicron variant of COVID-19.
As of 12:01 a.m. on Sunday, December 19th, 2021, the following restrictions for motor vehicle dealerships apply:
- All retailers, including dealers, must move to 50% capacity in-store.
- Everyone indoors must maintain a distance of two metres from one another.
- Signs must be posted to notify the public of the capacity restriction.
- Signs must be posted for all customers with information on how they can screen themselves.
- Masks or face coverings that cover a person’s mouth, nose and chin must be worn at all times indoors and during test drives.
- All dealership employees and customers participating in test drives should follow active screening directions from the province’s Chief Medical Officer of Health.
- Clean and disinfect commonly touched areas, surfaces and objects, including inside vehicles.
Please direct questions to email@example.com or the Ministry of Government and Consumer Services’ Stop the Spread Business Information Line at 1-888-444-3659.