A salesperson must notify OMVIC in writing, within five days of the following changes:
- change of address
- commencement of employment with a dealer (and date of commencement)
- termination of employment with a dealer (and date of termination).
A dealer must notify OMVIC in writing, within five days of the following changes:
- change of dealer address
- change of officers or directors (if dealer is a corporation or partnership)
- the date of commencement of employment of every salesperson
- the termination of employment of a salesperson and the date and reason for termination.
Every dealer and salesperson must notify OMVIC in writing, within five days of the following:
- Any change to the information that the dealer or salesperson supplied to OMVIC for the purpose of obtaining registration.
- Any change in the consent that a dealer (or dealers) gave to a salesperson being employed or retained to act as a salesperson for more than one dealer. For example, if they informed OMVIC on the application for registration of a charge under a law and they are subsequently convicted, they must inform OMVIC of the conviction. Do not wait until the next renewal application to inform OMVIC of the conviction.
Note: There are further requirements for dealers to notify OMVIC in writing, within five days of any event in which required records become unavailable due to a catastrophic event such as a theft, fire or flood. For more information, refer to the MVDA.