What is the online services portal?
OMVIC’s online services portal enables dealers and salespeople to conveniently submit all applications or notices including:
- Dealer and salesperson renewal applications 60 days prior to expiry and pay all required fees via VISA, MasterCard or AMEX
- Salesperson change applications to transfer/add to another dealership(s).
- Individual application for salesperson licence as a first time applicant or reapply.
- Salesperson cancellation application to immediately remove a salesperson from the dealer’s record.
All users can check the status of their applications online.
Create an account
Create an account
You will require the following information to complete your account set up:
- registration number (if applicable)
- first and last name as it appears on your driver’s licence
- date of birth
- email (personal email is recommended)
Dealership online accounts
Owners, partners, officers, directors (qualifying roles) can create accounts for their dealerships to manage their registration needs. The same applies to general managers and persons-in-charge who hold qualifying roles to allow for easier management of dealership profiles and registration requirements.
Additionally, these individuals can appoint a dealer administrator (DA) to manage online accounts and remove DAs who are no longer working for the dealership (so only authorized personnel have access to the online account).
Note: The dealer administrator doesn’t have to be registered with OMVIC and can be a staff member such as a controller, office manager, payroll manager and others who have been appointed or authorized by an online portal user who is an officer, director, owner or partner of the dealership
What applications can dealers file online?
Officers, directors, owners, and partners of the dealership have access to file all applications and notices online.
What can a dealer administrator do online?
- dealership renewal
- pay renewal fees and transaction fees
- review transaction and renewal request history
- subscribe to notifications for the dealer and salespersons (for example, application is approved, registration has expired)
If the dealer administrator does not have a qualifying role (for example, officer, director, owner or partner) they cannot:
- submit any applications on behalf of a salesperson
- act as a dealer or salesperson, unless they are registered in that capacity
- see or submit any of the following applications:
- Business Deactivation Notice
- Business Change Notices (for example, amalgamation, legal/business name changes, address change, and add/remove individuals)
- Other applications that can only be submitted by an officer, director, owner or partner of the dealership (for example, class change application, branch application, etc.)