OMVIC’s 2020 AGM Overview
- Published On
- November 16, 2020
On November 10, OMVIC hosted its 2020 Annual General Meeting. Originally scheduled for June, the AGM was delayed due to the COVID-19 pandemic. To ensure proper health and safety protocols were followed, electronic proxy ballots were available to those who wished to vote but could not attend.
The meeting agenda included:
- New director elections
- 2019 AGM minutes approvals
- Receiving 2019 audited statements
- Appointing auditors and authorizing the board of directors to fix their remuneration
- Confirming an amendment to By-Law No. 1 permitting e-mail notice to members
New Directors & Retirements
At the AGM, the following candidates were elected to the board.
- Rob Leggat | Team Honda Powerhouse of Milton
- Glen Fenwick | Glen Fenwick Hyundai
- Tony Del Gobbo | Newmarket Hyundai
- Sohail Ahmed | Momo Cars Inc.
To new and returning board directors: welcome to our team. We are pleased to see your commitment and dedication to ensure Ontario has a fair, safe and informed marketplace.
OMVIC also said goodbye to the following directors:
- Meredith Morris | Sudbury Hyundai
- Hugh Sisley | Sisley Honda
The entire Board expressed its thanks to Meredith and Hugh who brought incredible value and expertise to OMVIC’s leadership over the past years.
A special thank-you goes to Meredith Morris. She served on OMVIC’s board of directors since 2004, sat on the Executive Committee four times and served two terms as the president. Her presence on the board will be missed.
Join Us Today!
OMVIC’s Board of Directors does vital work ensuring OMVIC is properly resourced, consumers are protected, and registrant professionalism is enhanced. While the 2020 AGM was delayed, the 2021 AGM is planning to be held in June 2021. Stay tuned for more details.