OMVIC launches dealer premises guideline to support registrants
- Published On
- July 18, 2022
OMVIC has released a new guideline outlining the current expectations and requirements for a dealership’s physical space.
OMVIC worked with registrants to assess what guidance they need to help them understand the rules and expectations related to their physical space. The guideline reflects the input received and is intended to support the industry in meeting current compliance obligations.
What does this Guideline contain?
The dealer premises guideline includes an overview of the current legislation and regulations and up-to-date information on how to remain compliant with the new standards.
In summary, the guideline:
- Reiterates that business premises should be, in the opinion of the Registrar, sufficient for the purpose of displaying motor vehicles;
- Clarifies hours of operation and the availability of a point of contact;
- Explains terms regarding signage and the display of vehicles;
- Updates expectations for the dealership’s physical space to reflect the guideline on electronic record keeping;
- Outlines OMVIC’s responsibility to ensure compliance with other regulatory and enforcement bodies; and
- Reminds dealers that they are required to have appropriate insurance to protect their interests and their customers’ needs
OMVIC will be hosting an informational webinar on July 25th, 2022, at 11:00AM to address any questions or comments. Register here for the webinar.
Note: This information was created to assist dealers/salespeople and is not a legal document. Registrants are encouraged to obtain independent legal advice.
The dealer support team is available to assist dealers in achieving and maintaining compliance with the MVDA. Please contact the Dealer Support team at firstname.lastname@example.org or by calling 1-800-943-6002 if you have any questions or concerns.