OMVIC launches advertising guideline to support registrants
- Published On
- September 19, 2022
Advertising-related questions and concerns are among the most common type of inquiries OMVIC receives from dealers, salespersons and consumers. As a result, OMVIC has released a guideline outlining the current expectations and requirements for advertising.
OMVIC worked with registrants to assess what guidance they need to ensure they understand the rules and expectations related to advertising. This guideline reflects the input received. It is designed to clarify and consolidate advertising-related information in one place and provide overall direction and support to dealers in meeting current compliance obligations across any platform or medium.
What does this guideline contain?
The advertising guideline includes an overview of the current legislation and regulations and up-to-date information on how to remain compliant with the new and existing standards.
In summary, the guideline states that:
- All advertising, wherever it appears, should be clear, comprehensible and prominent. It should also be free of anything that could be seen as misleading or misrepresentation, and it should be fair and accurate.
- There is new advice on how to handle online advertising.
- Dealers are reminded that all advertising must include certain mandatory disclosures, and that they are responsible for all advertising carried out on their behalf.
- The expectations and requirements for all-in price advertising, advertising unfit/as-is vehicles, social media and third-party advertising, vehicle availability, the use of images and wholesale pricing have been clarified.
- The provisions of the Consumer Protection Act dealing with financing and other related considerations are spelled out.
OMVIC will be hosting two informational webinars to address any questions or comments. Click on either date to register through Zoom: Wed, Sept. 21, 2022 at 11:00 a.m. or Wed, Sept. 28, 2022 at 11:00 a.m.
Note: This information was created to assist dealers/salespeople and is not a legal document. Registrants are encouraged to obtain independent legal advice.
The dealer support team is available to assist dealers in achieving and maintaining compliance with the MVDA. Please contact dealer support at email@example.com or by calling 1-800-943-6002 if you have any questions or concerns.