2023 Call for Applications: OMVIC Board of Directors
- Published On
- April 24, 2023
We are pleased to inform you that the OMVIC Board of Directors is now accepting applications from experienced leaders within and beyond the motor vehicle industry interested in serving on our board.
The board is responsible for ensuring that our mandate – to maintain a fair and informed marketplace by protecting the rights of consumers, enhancing industry professionalism and ensuring fair, honest and open competition for registered motor vehicle dealers – is carried out effectively and efficiently on behalf of Ontarians. In addition, the board shapes our strategic direction, provides financial oversight, supports outreach and advocacy and serves as an ambassador for OMVIC and our mission.
- Driven to achieve a fair and honest marketplace for Ontario car buyers, with a positive orientation for proactive consumer protection initiatives?
- Committed to ensuring fair, honest and open competition for registered motor vehicle dealers?
- Determined to improve industry professionalism?
- Inspired to share your knowledge and expertise?
If so, OMVIC’s Board of Directors wants you!
OMVIC is seeking three public and two industry directors to join the board. Industry directors include:
- Motor vehicle dealers
- Individuals who are directors, officers, employees or agents of registered motor vehicle dealers
- Individuals who are directors, officers, employees or agents of an industry association representing the interests of motor vehicle dealers or salespersons
- Individuals who met the description of any class above within one year before becoming a director of the board of the administrative authority
Elections for new members will be held at OMVIC’s Annual Meeting on June 28, 2023. Directors may serve up to three-year terms, receive per diems for meetings attended and reimbursement for reasonable out-of-pocket expenses related to board and committee work.
The board will strive to reflect the diversity of Ontario, with an inclusion lens applied to consider gender, race, age, geographical representation, accessibility, language and other diversity criteria.
To learn more about the board and to view and submit the application form, please visit our website. The submission deadline for all applications is Tuesday, May 2, 2023.
For more information contact:
CEO and Registrar
Chair, Governance and