Make a Claim

Issue with a vehicle purchase or transaction?

Follow our complaints process. We're often able to help car-buyers resolve issues with registered dealers without going through a formal claim to the compensation fund or the courts.

If the dealer is no longer in business, or refuses to come to a resolution you may be eligible to make a claim to the compensation fund.

Compensation fund claims process

  • Complete the Compensation Fund Package. All application forms and legal documents must be original. In the event the supporting documents are not legible, claimants will be asked to provide the original. Send legible photocopies of all receipts
  • Send the completed forms and supporting documents to [email protected] or mail them to our head office
  • Your application will be reviewed to ensure you are eligible
  • The compensation fun board of trustees will review your application for compensation
  • The board of trustees will inform you of their decision in writing

Car-buyers who are eligible, may receive up to $45,000 in compensation from the fund, per vehicle transaction.

If your claim is denied by the board of trustees, you can appeal the decision through the Licence Appeal Tribunal for a fee.

Statements and affidavits should be sworn and signed before a lawyer, or a person who is not a lawyer but who is a commissioner of oaths or a notary public.