Digital Communications Coordinator
- November 21, 2023
- Closing Date
- Closing Date: December 5, 2023
Under the direction of the Manager, Communications, the Digital Communications Coordinator is responsible for the planning, development, execution, measurement, and evaluation of OMVIC’s website and digital communications efforts to enhance the organization’s public reach, engagement, and reputation. This digital communications coordinator is highly motivated and a creative self-starter with solid experience and a passion for communications using various mediums. In this position, the digital communications coordinator is someone with proven expertise in implementing communications programs for all online channels, as well as email campaigns, digital publications, and content marketing. This role is perfect for a communicator with strong writing skills, who knows how to effectively grow an organization’s online footprint through multiple platforms. The incumbent will ensure that digital communications efforts are efficient and effective in achieving awareness and engagement.
- Develop online content, including copy, creative, and video that aligns with organizational goals, drives increased use of and engagement with OMVIC’s digital properties, and realizes communications objectives.
- Manages and updates the OMVIC website and creates engaging and accessible web content for various media outlets and audiences. Ensure content is always current, relevant, accurate and on-brand.
- Responsible for analyzing the effectiveness and impact of digital media campaigns and strategies using different tools and metrics.
- Plan, write, produce, and measure all electronic and direct communications including e-newsletters.
- Support digital marketing strategy, creating and publishing content that safeguards brand values and brand reputation from copy creation, image selection and reviews through to tracking and analytics.
- Prepare monthly web/online analytics as well as additional customized reports as required.
- Set key performance indicators, monitor effective benchmarks for measurement of digital communications efforts.
- Analyze, review and report on effectiveness of campaigns to maximize results and make recommendations for future campaigns.
- Assist with creating, updating, and managing content on the intranet site.
- Actively stay current with digital marketing trends and B2B and B2C best practices to share with the team.
- Proactively manage stakeholder expectations and work collaboratively with team members on competing priorities in a fast-paced environment, bridging between communications, marketing, and stakeholder relations to strengthen our combined efforts.
- Conduct regular digital media reviews and align existing content to strategic objectives, while proactively identifying gaps and priorities in social and digital content execution.
- Other duties as assigned
- A post-secondary education in communications, marketing, new media, or related field and/or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Two (2) to four (4) years of in-house or digital marketing and communications agency experience.
- Superior written and oral communication skills, with a thorough understanding of the best practices in accessible, user-centered online writing and content creation; writing and editing skills.
- Knowledge of A/B testing and current trends in digital media planning and web-based marketing used to increase awareness, generate leads and revenue, and increase customer base.
- Technical experience with website and electronic newsletter design, functionality, and content management.
- Literacy and hands-on experience WordPress, Google Analytics, GTM, and Click Dimensions an asset
- Proficient in Adobe Creative Cloud applications including Photoshop, InDesign, and Microsoft Office (Excel, Word Outlook, PowerPoint).
- Experience writing and editing content for news stories, videos, presentations, web, and social media.
- Experience monitoring and evaluating digital marketing and communications efforts and producing detailed reports on a monthly, quarterly, and annual basis to make recommendations towards improving content and procedures.
- Demonstrated experience working collaboratively with cross-functional groups to achieve desired outcomes.
- The ability to develop and maintain strong professional relationships with internal and external stakeholders and work effectively with all levels of employees is critical.
- Exceptional organizational skills and extremely detail oriented.
- Solid interpersonal skills and ability to communicate clearly and persuasively with employees.
- Must be flexible, adaptive to change and able to handle shifting priorities with maturity and foresight to cope with input and changes, with short notice at times.
We respectfully thank all applicants for their interest in working at OMVIC. However, we will only contact those meeting the qualifications for an interview.
OMVIC fosters an environment that respects people’s dignity, ideas and beliefs, thereby working to ensure diversity, equality and inclusion and has been committed to and will continue advocating for an environment where all persons are treated with fairness, dignity, and respect. OMVIC is committed to providing accessible employment practices that are in compliance with the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act (AODA), ensuring that all individuals are treated with dignity and respect. Should you require accommodation for disability during any stage of the recruitment process, please notify the Human Resources department.
How to apply
If you are interested in the position, please submit a cover letter and resume, highlighting the position title to the attention of Human Resources no later than December 5th, 2023, at 5:00 pm, to Email: firstname.lastname@example.org.